An emergency situation is something no one wants to think about. That said, if you find yourself faced with one of these issues, you can save yourself some stress with a little planning and preparation.
If you have to make a quick get-away, have these things packed up and ready to go, so you can get out of the door at a moment’s notice:
- Extra device if using a MIC-KEY* G tube
- Change of clothes
- Various syringes
- Extension set
- Medication (one-day supply)
- A can or two of formula
- Feeding bag, if using a pump
- List of basic instructions, feeding and medication schedule and emergency contact information
- Cleaning supplies like gauze, cotton-tipped applicators and wet wipes
- Medical tape
- Water: distilled or sterile for the balloon and drinking water for hydration and flushing
- Important personal care items, such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
Lastly, leave a note on top of the bag with any reminders or additional things you will need to grab before heading out, like a feeding pump or refrigerated items. Don’t forget to review the plan of action with your family!
Have you prepared yourself and your family for emergency situations? We hope you’ll share your plan on our Facebook page.
*Registered Trademark or Trademark of Halyard Health, Inc. or its affiliates. ©2015 HYH. All rights reserved.