From medical records to caloric intake, there’s a lot to keep up with when you or your loved one has a feeding tube or other medical conditions. We’ve rounded up 8 mobile apps that might make the job of “remembering” just a little easier.
If you must track nutrition or medications:
- CareZone: Curate a list of medications, dosages, and schedules directly from your photo library. The app also allows you to document and share symptoms with your family or doctor, while giving you the means to store vital insurance information and schedule reminders for upcoming appointments. The personalized health tips–as well as the ability to assign to-do lists and store important documents for future reference are an added benefit!
- Round Health: Easily remember when to take medicine and make your reminders as effective as possible. This app lets people set “reminder windows” suited to their medicine(s) and schedule. Reminders can be as complex as necessary and they can account for various doses, show how long you’ve gone without forgetting your medicine and even let you know when it’s time for a refill.
- MyFitnessPal: With the app’s database of more than 6 million foods, easily track your diet–no matter what you eat. Whether you’re trying to lose/gain weight or simply monitor your caloric intake, the app helps determine the best things to eat to meet your goals.
- Cron-o-meter: Track 60+ nutrients for more than 50,000 foods using this app. You can also make custom foods and recipes–while also logging your diet/food, biometrics and personal notes.
If you must track medical visits/records or talk to a doctor:
- MyChart: Allows you to access your medical records on your phone at any time. You can quickly see which vaccinations you’ve had and when, along with the last time you visited the doctor and which prescriptions you’re taking. You can even send a non-urgent message to your clinic and receive a response within a couple of days, schedule visits from directly within the app and request prescription refills.
- HealthTap: The app sends your question to its network of doctors and one will answer you within a few hours. HealthTap also comes with a library of information on common ailments, so you can be better at spotting symptoms and picking the best remedy. If you are looking for even more care, you can choose the prime membership ($99 per month), which allows you unlimited video and text chatting with doctors.
If you must track stats of little ones:
- Baby Tracker Pro: Designed specifically for busy parents, Baby Tracker combines functionality with simple tap commands to track everything from your baby’s last feeding to his/her first smile.
- Baby Connect: Providing you with everything you’ll need to keep a close check on Baby’s growth, development, and health. The app is loaded with trackers: nursing, solid foods, pumping, diapers, sleep, medicine, milestones, baby’s moods, doctor’s visits… to name a few. All the info is noted in graphical reports and charts to help you track trends and to e-mail/share with partners and babysitters.
What are your favorite health apps? Share with us on Facebook!